FH-Prof. Priv.-Doz. Dr. Brian Horsak
- Head of Center for Digital Health and Social Innovation
- Senior Researcher Institute of Health Sciences
- Department of Health Sciences
- Digital Healthcare (MA)
- Physiotherapy (BA)
- Media and Digital Technologies
- Health Sciences
- Since 2021: Head of the Center for Digital Health and Social Innovation (CDHSI)
- Since 2021: Endowed Professor for Applied Biomechanics and Rehabilitation Research
- 2020: Habilitation in the field of Kinesiology with a focus on Biomechanics. Title: "Advances in biomechanical research in gait analysis and motor rehabilitation," Center for Sports Sciences and University Sports, University of Vienna, Austria.
- 2012: Doctorate (Dr. rer. nat.) in Sports Science, Biomechanics, Kinesiology, and Applied Informatics at the University of Vienna, Austria.
- 2002-2008: Master's degree (Mag. rer. nat.) in Sports Science at the University of Vienna, Austria.
- Brian Horsak is a passionate researcher with a clear vision: to combine technology and healthcare to develop innovative medical solutions in the field of gait analysis and rehabilitation. His research addresses how innovative technologies such as motion capturing, wearables, musculoskeletal simulations, machine learning, as well as augmented and virtual reality can significantly improve patient care in the domain of clinical gait analysis and rehabilitation. He has several years of experience in developing research projects, securing external funding, and leading research initiatives at national and international levels.
- Awards: He has received multiple Best Paper Awards at international conferences, won the Lower Austria Innovation Prize in 2021, and achieved the 1st and 2nd place in the Innovation Prize of Austrian Medical-Technical Professions in 2016 and 2021, respectively.
Visual Publication Browser
- Trust AI - A platform for interactive and trustworthy artificial intelligence.
- EyeQTrack - Quantitative Eye-Tracking Analytics for Adaptive XR Training & Rehabilitation in Healthcare
- Applied Biomechanics in Rehabilitation Research
- deepForce - Pushing the limits of rapid estimation of knee joint contact force estimation in clinical gait analysis by Machine and Deep Learning
- Sonigait II InnoScheck
- ELSA- Evaluation of simple gait analysis devices
- E³UDRES² - Engaged - European - Entrepreneurial University as Driver for European Smart and Sustainable Regions
- DIRENE - Competences for the new era of user-driven digital innovation in rehabilitation
- IntelliGait 3D- Gait Data Mining
- VeRgonomiX II –practical applications of virtual reality in ergonomics
- SONIGAIT II
- VeRgonomiX: virtual reality in ergonomics
- IntelliGait – Intelligent Gait Analysis
- Evaluating technical measuring accuracy
- Reliability of a monitoring system
- The Children's KNEEs Study
- CARMA -Center for Applied Research in Media Assisted Healthcare for Motion and Activity
- GAIT Score
- Be Balanced
- Memo Tape Studie
- Krafttraining mal anders – ein instabiler Ansatz
- Music Enhanced Training
- Effekt von instabilen/labilen Sitzunterlagen